20 May, 2009
Punkin and her stiches
I never would have guessed that our dog would have been the first to get stitches in our house
(well aside from Dave cutting the tip and side of his finger at work this year, don't worry his finger is mended and there really is no scar). But she did. Punkin and Sam (the female dog next door) don't like each other. They constantly bark at each other when they are outside. If Sam is in the basement she will bark at Punkin the entire time she is outside. Punkin has an electric fence and will not break it. Sam get gets taken out on a leash from their side door. Well on May 24th, Sam and Punkin got into it. Punkin was outside chilling on the back porch, Wendy had Sam on a leash taking her outside. Wendy didn't see Punkin was out there or she would have waited. Well, Punkin went over to bark and Sam lunged and got on top of Punkin. I heard Punkin and Sam going at it ans jumped up and called Punkin inside as fast as I could. Punkin came inside and just was acting little weird, like she got stung. I had no idea at this point that Sam actually was
on top of Punkin. Dave wasn't home at the time but just conveniently returned. I asked him to come inside to see why Punkin was acting weird since she would not let me touch her. Well come to find out her back right hind leg had been torn open to the muscle. So we instantly knew something had happened. I called the vet and got her right in to get stitched. Wendy came over to check on Punkin, she felt really bad. She covered the vet bill (can I say we have an awesome neighbor). We took her back to the vet a week later and the vet tech ripped her stitched back open when trying to remove them so currently she still has the stitched in. We get them removed this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment