Pages

27 June, 2009

Mackinac Island

I have to be honest. I have wanted to go here since my Uncle Tom and Aunt Bonnie took a trip her years a go. I remember hearing about them renting a horse and buggy to tour the island and thought it was the neatest thing ever. If you don't know anything about Mackinac Island the one thing to know is they don't drive cars. You can only travel by foot, bicycle, or horse (back or buggy). It is really neat (but we did see a truck on the island so what was that all about).





So after a bite to eat we headed out to rent a horse and buggy. But of course we had to wait to what else do you do but test out the school's playground. Even Grandma and Aunt Lisa got in on the play sets or swing sets.


So once our horse, Belle, was ready we were off to tour the island. It was very peaceful and VERY slow. Both girls ended up napping while Jennifer and I took turns "driving" the horse. Seriously there was really no driving involved because the horse did this so much she knew what to do, but she did tend to walk in the middle of the road so then we had to move her over. These pictures are from our horse and buggy ride.


So the "butt" of the day joke was about Belle and her walking farts and poop. Chloe thought it was the funniest thing that she was "stinky" (picture a 3 yr holding her nose and fanning her face while saying "Belle was stinky. She Pooped!!").

It was also their Lilac Festival while there, and well everything was in bloom so here are some pictures I just took laying around with my new camera.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I went to Macinac as a kid and I loved it! We stayed in a hotel off the island and had to talk a ferry to get there and we rode horses around the island. I would love to go back.

Amy said...

Beautiful pictures!