So back when I was on a wedding board, that would be last year..lol. I met Sharon. She was planning her wedding and well frankly, I made lots of friends planning mine and just didn't leave. Well, at the beginning of this year everyone and their brother started a blog, kinda why I started one too- I jumped on the bandwagon. Well Sharon has one called
Culinary Adventures of a New Wife. I read her blog in awe over the wonderful meals, deserts and really just plan yummies in general . I envy her because her husband will eat pretty much anything. While mine isn't so adventurous. To explain this, we were talking the other night and I told him I feel like we eat the same meals each season. for example, in winter we eat chili, meatloaf, pot roast, and baked chicken, while in the summer we grill everything. We do on occasion grill in the winter too. I just feel like we are on the same wheel. I want to jump off. I have made a few successful things, like fajitas from the Weight Watcher cook book. But I just really would love to try some of Sharon's dishes like her recent post
Greek Spiced Baked Shrimp with Lemon Orzo and Broccoli (check out her blog for more). But Dave isn't daring. Okay, so I have gotten alittle off track here. But back in October she posted a recipe for
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. At first I honestly was like, pumpkin and chocolate, eww. Well tonight I was making party potatoes for Dave's work party and was like what the heck. I picked up everything when I was at the store. So I whipped them up and lets just say if they are half as tasty as the batter, then they will be a success (don't go "eww." We all know each and everyone of use has tasted cake, cookie, or muffin batter).

So the first batch is done. I just need to adjust the baking time alittle bit since they seem to be alittle undercooked even after the toothpick was removed clean. But man are they good. Dave has already eaten 5. If he keeps going at this rate I won't be able to keep up with him eating them. He wanted me to make some more for tomorrow. Maybe next week it is getting late. My next trial is going to be Sharon's
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes . Hopefully I will get to that this weekend. Oh and FYI, it is the Kimswick Candle Light Walk weekend! Yummy
Blue Owl lunch and deserts here we come!


1 comment:
Those look AMAZING!
Post a Comment