Pages

21 May, 2009

I know I am lucky...

because I have a toddler that will eat and eat and eat. Not just junk either. She will eat good healthy things as well. I just want to brag alittle but because yesterday Chloe was an eating fool. On my mommy board I hear so many times that other moms have problems with their kids eating. I know that is completely normal, but Chloe steps out of that norm. I am not saying be any means she is perfect every meal, but I would say 90% of the time she is. Sometimes she won't eat at all and honestly has gone to be without really a full dinner because she refuses to eat what I have made her. But let me just tell you what she ate yesterday.

Breakfast - 2 c of Honey Nut cheerios
Snack (10:30)- goldfish
Lunch - 3 all beef hot dogs, green beans, and peaches
snack - yogurt
Dinner - half a cube steak, green beans, and oranges

Drinks (all day)- 3 cups of milk and one cup of juice

I know I am so lucky to have a great eater. Lets hope I didn't jinx myself by saying this out loud. She will also try new things but sometimes we have to "fib" about what it is. For example, she will eat sauteed zucchini if we tell her it is cooked cucumbers. And you remember this post right? She will eat tofu if we call it cheese. The little things I do to get her to try things. Once again, I am so glad I have a great and semi adventurous eater.

1 comment:

All About Amelia said...

mia eats about that same amout and i try to limit her junk. it is milk for her with an occasional juice (watered down). and she will eat fish if i tell her it is chicken. we have creative labels for things she says she doesn't like. and all food must get 3 good tastes. in comparison her is what mia typically eats:
BF - one container yougart, one nutrigrain bar.
snack - nilla wafers/goldfish/animal cracker
lunch - 2 turkey dogs with cheese, pears and carrots
snack - fruit
dinner - chicken breast with veggie, lightly buttered bread.

pretty comparable i think. and luke seems to be a similer eater - he will eat anything!