Pages

31 July, 2009

Family Fun Time

On July 19th we went to the Magic House. We had not been since the addition was complete. I have to say it is alot more amusing now. I think we only got through half of the new part and only did half of the old part. So that means we get to go back. We even discussed getting (or asking someone to get it for the girls for Christmas) a family membership.



Dave and Chloe went off to explore while Caelyn and I hung out in the infant section. I was very curious to see how she would do since her stranger anxiety is horrible. I am proud to say she did get. She played in the area and even let alittle girl and boy get close to her with no fussing.
Chloe loved the Bean Stalk that was in the new section. At first her and Dave went in together but second and third time she went by herself. They also had a section that was a replica of a construction site. There was a framing of a house, a steel framing of something, a bobcat, and more. Of course when we told her Grandpa builds houses she wanted to jump right in. But telling her Grandpa can drive a bobcat didn't give her the nerve to sit in the bobcat herself.

One section I told Dave I wanted to go see was the replica of the Oval Office. I wanted to get the girls picture because my Grandpa was in the real Oval Office. And well I just thought it would be neat. I think there is a picture of him sitting in there (I know there is a picture of him wearing Hilary Clinton's winter coat). If there is maybe I will do something neat with the two pictures. I could say something really cheesy here like Future Mrs President, but seriously everyone does that. I'd like to think I have a Future Supreme Court Justice (I think my Grandpa would be proud, I know my dad would).

This was in the old section but it is a new addition to it, a Mechanic's shop. Chloe would not leave until she got to "fix daddy's car." Little does she know daddy's car always needs fixing. (Shhhh don't tell Dave I said that). Chloe jumped right in though, she got under the car to check the exhaust, then had to change a flat tire, of course Daddy had to jump in to make sure she was doing it right. Personally I think she did a pretty good job. All in all it was a good day.

This picture here is a "hint hint - wink wink" picture for my dad. Chloe has been saying she wants Grandpa to build her a playhouse, well she LOVED this one. How cute is that house. It looked like someone took one of the sheds from Home Depot and doctored it up. Seriously how cute is that picket fence. I figured I would snap a picture of it and drop little hints about how Grandpa needs to build Chloe and Caelyn their own play house. I mean how hard could it be for a man that built real houses for a living for 30+ years?


3 comments:

Trisha said...

Ric has the same shirt as Dave.
"I have gas." LOL

I am thankful that he only wears it around the house. HAHA :)

Cassie said...

I had to double check cause he has so manny "funny" t-shirst it doesn't even occur to me anymore. I just go with the flow..lol

Amy said...

I love the new addition to the Magic House. We have asked for a membership for Christmas and since we didn't get one for Kaitlynn's bday. That is the only way we will get a membership since money is tight.