Pages

16 March, 2010

Projects: Felt Food

All the rage is felt food. Haha, I just had to say that but it is. It is more realistic then the plastic stuff, it is eco-friendly, and the big WOW is you can throw it in the washer on delicate and line dry it. Well, my girls love it. They can't get enough of the ones they already have (thank you Aunt Lisa). They actually play with the felt food more than the plastic. So far they girls have a piece of chocolate cake, a cupcake, butterfly sugar cookie, round sugar cookie, a donut, bacon, a sunny side up egg, 2 pancakes, toast with jelly, a ham sandwich (2 pieces of bread, lettuce, cheese, & ham) chips, and strawberries (for give me Aunt Lisa if I for got something). Aunt Lisa made everything but the sandwich, strawberries, and chips. But for Easter their baskets are going to be full of food. I decided to slowly start making and replacing the plastic with felt food. Since I have been working I have had some down time at the office so I was able to take some sewing supplies and make the girls some felt food.
Banana
Crab RangoonSaladSmore'sChocolate Bunnies




4 comments:

Mrs.Tron said...

I LOVE them!!! I am gonna have to think about getting some for Bella. I have no sewing talent, so I'd have to buy them.

Jenny said...

Those are amazing! They are perfect! Sooooo jealous!

Jenn said...

FANTASTIC!!! You're hired. :) Seriously, how much would you charge?

Jenn said...

I just have one question? How on earth do you make these? Your food is SO cute! Makes my cheap bucket of food look so bleh. :-)