Well, lets start at the very very begining. About a month ago Chloe started asking me if she could get her hair cut. I of course would avoid the topic cause I really didn't want to get her hair cut. Chloe would ask about once a week and I would just let it go. She has never had more than a trim and I loved that her hair was long and I could put it in pigtails, pony tails, and braids. I had even french braided it a couple times. I loved her long hair. Fast forward to Oct 9th. I was clipping coupons (know where this is going yet?). Caelyn was waking up from nap and Chloe was sitting on the couch next to me. I walked away to get Caelyn out of bed and when I walked back into the family room I heard the sound of hair being cut. Chloe had taken it upon herself to cut her hair. I mean why not, I was avoiding the subject and she apparently wanted it short. Of course I freaked, I sent her to her room and just sat there in shock trying to figure out what just happened.
You can't really tell in this picture, but this is the side she cut 3 inches off of. It brought her hair up to right below her chin.
Here the woman is starting to cut Chloe's ponytail off (yes, I still have her hair and no it is not long enough to donate).
She is about half way through Chloe's hair. She has think hair just like me.
Almost through all her hair, I had to fight back the tears. I was the only one sad to see her hair go.
All her pony is gone. Three years of hair is in a baggie in my purse. I plan on putting it in Chloe's keepsake box.
Here Chloe is getting her "big girl" pampering.
So because her hair needed to be so short, I decided to do a swing bob on Chloe. She looks really cute with is short and now her and I look even more alike. I did have to take her to a friend of mine to get it cleaned up better but here is the final product from the great hair cut adventure.

No comments:
Post a Comment