Pages

07 November, 2009

2009 Pumpkin Carving

This year, we only carved 2 pumpkins, a shock I know. We normally average about 5 but we had to cut back cause things are tight. So this year, Dave and Chloe picked a pumpkin together and Caelyn and I picked one. Last year Chloe participated, but this year she did alot more than she ever has. I think her favorite part though it so remove the "guts" of the pumpkin. Dave and I wear gloves, but Chloe dug right in with her bare hands. Oh, someone is missing. Who could that be? Well Caelyn really had no interest in the pumpkins so with the help of Aunt Cindy she was entertained while Dave, Chloe, and I carved. Oh, you wanna know what Caelyn was doing, well she was looking extremely cute, that is what she was doing.
Because I picked such a small pumpkin, I had to hand draw my design on there. And of course, nothing fancy would fit so I just did the traditional jack-o-lantern face. Dave and Chloe on the other hand had a nice sized pumpkin and choose a witch for their design.
Chloe did start to get alittle board so she did play with Cindy and Caelyn (and rode her bike inside the garage). But we also let her cut the pumpkin as well. She had alot of fun using the knife and making her cuts (on the backside of course, Dave didn't want her to ruin the design). She really enjoyed carving and I think next year we will be getting her a small one like I had to cut herself. Here Chloe is being such a big girl carving her own pumpkin. She loved using the knife and we actually had to take it away cause she didn't want to put it down. But don't worry, a few years back we bought a kid proof kit so the knives in the kit were not dangerous sharp, they were very rounded so they couldn't actually poke you and hurt.
We had a lot of fun carving our pumpkins and enjoy that each year Chloe gets more and more interested in doing it. I can't wait for both girls to be excited about carving their own pumpkins. Soon we will have 4 pumpkins carved, one for each of us!!

No comments: