Pages

01 January, 2010

St. Louis Wild Nights at the Zoo



We went to the U.S B.ank's Wild Nights at the Zoo this year. It was a chilly night, but we had a lot of fun. Just listening to the girls Ooh and Aah over the lights warmed Dave and I up. Of course we can't go tot he Zoo without a ride on the carousel. Caelyn is starting to enjoy the ride as much as Chloe. The last time we took her on a carousel ride, she wasn't too found of the horse moving up and down.

While most of the attractions were the lights they Zoo puts up, we did get to see the penguins and a bear. Yes that is 1 bear. The rest were inside but the brown bear was outside sleeping peacefully under his heat lamp. I think he is alittle crazy saying I am sure he has a nice warm bed inside but he was outside in the cold. I personally love the middle penguin picture.

Just like at the Boo at the Zoo, there were crafts to do as well. Chloe made Grandpa a snow flake ornament (you can see below) and I helped her cut out a yellow finch and she turned it into an ornament for Grandma. All the activities were in the Lakeside Cafe which also hosted the SLU High School choir. It was a nice little touch to listen to the students sing Christmas songs while Chloe was making her ornaments. Caelyn and Dave sat in a chair just soaking everything in, oh and Caelyn said the word monkey. No she has yet to say Mama (or at least where I can hear it).

We love our zoo and love all the things it has to offer. This is a tradition we are glad we made and will keep going to through the years.





1 comment:

Amy said...

We went to that too. It was a lot of fun. Kaitlynn loves riding the carousel, too.