Pages

15 February, 2008

Meet our other Child

On February 12, I had my 9w5d appointment. Well, first I thought I was farther along than what I am, which bummed me out alittle. But I got to get an u/s because I was farther along to hear the heartbeat and see the baby. I decided that I am going to bring Chloe with me to the none invasive appointments so she can have a visual of what is going on in our life. She was actually very good, better than I expected. Most of the girls in the office haven't seen Chloe since she was like 2 wks old. So they couldn't believe how big she was nor that she will be 2 in just a few weeks.

So we got there and Chloe imediately was acting like the ham she is. She played with the toys in the office and when the nurse called me, Chloe walked right through the door like she had been there recently. I got weighed and lost 4 pounds, which is just fine since I am overweight. My doctor and my's goal is to not gain anything this time around. So we went in the exam room and she sat on the table with me. I need to remember to ask what my blood pressure is so I can monitor it as well. But all my first labs came back great. So Dr. Steve came in and he was so surprised with how big Chloe was too. He was great with her, asking her if she was going to have a brother or sister. But of course she said "huh?" He decided to take us to the the ultra sound room, which made me very happy.

So we got in the room and all ready to see the baby. The entire time I kept pointing to the screen (which the machine looks alot like a computer) and telling her to watch cause her little brother or sister would be on there. She really didn't understand. So then we saw the baby. The baby looked as though it was laying on it's back with the 4 limb buds showing(apparently you can't call them arms and legs at this point). Then we saw the baby flap all 4 parts. It was really cute, kinda looked like Chloe when she attempts to throw a tantrum. I could see the spine and the baby's head is huge! Seriously Chloe had a huge head and this one does too so far..lol. I am glad I won't be pushing that head out. Anyway, so then Dr. Steve went to the heart. It was so neat. We both tried to tell Chloe it was the heartbeat of the baby but she just doesn't understand which is fine I know she will start understanding over the summer. I think I am going to get my mom's stethescope and try to get Chloe to hear her heart beat. It was a really cool appoitment and I am glad Chloe was there. Here is the picture he gave me. I added info on what parts are what.

1 comment:

djghaber said...

This is so interesting to an old gal that never experienced childbirth. Thanks for sharing.

L & K from Aunt Jean