Pages

03 June, 2008

Boo Boo

Okay, so Monday night we were outside. Chloe was throwing Punkin's ball while Punkin was chasing it. I was on the phone chatting with my aunt that lives in Michigan. I would say for about a good 10 minutes Chloe and Punkin were playing really good. Normally Punkin is lazy and only gets the ball once if twice before laying in the grass to do nothing. Well, Chloe was in the grass and stepped back to get on the drive way (our drive way go around to the back of the house, thus you enter the garage via behind the house). When she stepped back, she caught a rock and fell. My poor aunt hear the horror. I am sure she probably though Chloe was gushing blood and had broken bones. Heck my neighbors might have thought the same. I hang the phone up and pick up Chloe. I ask her what hurts and she doesn't say anything. I check for blood and there was no blood. So we head inside. We sit on the couch and I start taking inventory ( I count her fingers and toes to help calm her and redirect her from being scared of the fall. It also makes her laugh). 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc all her finger and all her toes. I ask her if I need to call the doctor, quickly she responds no, I ask if we need to call daddy at his fishing trip, she says now. I give her limbs a little squeeze to make sure nothing hurts her and we are off to find her blanket. After we get her blanket, we head to the TV room and sit on the couch.

Here is when it starts getting "good.: No I am not trying to be insensitive but my daughter is turning into a TRUE drama queen. I am not saying it didn't hurt but let me just explain.


I look down and notice blood. (Shit what did I miss went through my head). So I once again start taking inventory. I find the source, it is on her right elbow. just a tiny scratch nothing major. I tell her we need to go wash her elbow. BIG MISTAKE! You would have thought her arm was cut off at the elbow (now I know my mom is laugh her butt off thinking "of she just like Cassie"). I get a wash cloth and gently wipe the area then we go and get her a band aid and some neosporin. I get both on and put her down. She seriously walked for the next 3 hours (until bed time) like her arm was in a cast and sling. Then the next morning when we got up, she did the same. And she KNEW that band aid was still there. Everything had a "ow hurts." with it- pants change "ow hurts," getting dressed "ow hurts," playing with her toys "ow hurts." Once again her arm was in a cast and sling. She wouldn't feed herself cause it "hurts." She did nothing. Finally I got tired of it and took the band aid off, and it was a MIRACLE!! Her arm was instantly healed. It truly was a miracle (okay no it wasn't but I would have never thought a band aid would cause that much trouble.


Here is the big bad boo boo that "ow hurts" so much. Can you see it???

disclaimer: No I am really not this insensitive to my child, but if you would have been here I know you would have thought the same thing, drama queen. I know this is only her 2nd boo boo but man oh man (her first occurred when she tripped lat fall over Dave's feet while on the driveway).

No comments: