So what has been going on in the adult world in our house, LOTS!! I will start with Dave. Work has been bad for him lately but honestly that isn't anything too new. Jobs are the luck of the draw and well to be truthful, Dave's luck most of the time just isn't that good. But as I type, he is actually on a lake somewhere in Canada fishing. Yes, he is not here. I hope he is having fun. I haven't been able to talk to him since Friday at about 11 pm my time. They were close to the board and the phones don't work up there. He is there until next Saturday for a week full of nothing but fishing and beer. He should catch at least 40+ fish a day, that is how good the fishing is at these lakes. I say "these" lakes because they don't just stay on the main lake by the cabin, they actually move to various lakes in the area to fish. Last week before they left I know my dad called and was told the small mouth were starting to create bed, which in turns means good fishing.
As for me, I have actually started an internship for a local company that deals with weddings. I had my second wedding last night and I LOVE IT! I have so much fun and am learning the ropes of the "behind the scenes" to weddings. This coming week I am even going to be tagging along to a couple prewedding meetings as well as working a wedding on Saturday. I had the privilege to meet the company's owner during the planning of our wedding. I have kept in touch ans was given a great opportunity. I look forward to know what is the next step. And I know I will hopefully be contributing to our fiances as well as being able to still stay at home with the girls. (yes I need to start saying girls, I mean the new little girl will be here in alittle over 15 weeks). So this position is totally ideal for me. Yes, it will take me away on the weekends, but it will not be every weekend. And I will be able to always ask for specific times off. Best of all, our family Florida trip in January/February of each year will not be effected because that is not the busy season. I will easily be able to make sure I have those dates off. As soon as I know exactly what is going on with the company, I will reveal more information about it. But I don't want to jinx myself.
So as I mentioned Dave is in Canada, thus I am getting a taste of single parenthood. And WOW, it sucks. I think anyone who does this is am amazingly strong person. Dave has been gone since Friday evening and with the exception of the 7 hours I worked yesterday, I have had no down time. And my house already is a wreck. I was doing so good at keeping it cleaned (on my own surprisingly). But since Dave isn't hear to give me a break in the evening, I am already exhausted. The tow night I have slept alone seem like someone hits fast forward cause I am not at all rested when Chloe gets up (hmm does this have anything to do with the fact that I am 25w2d pregnant..lol. (Oh and as I am typing this, Chloe is doing laps through the kitchen, dining room, foyer, and sitting room - these 4 rooms make a circle track .)
Okay, so on to a different note. My online friend Trish, who was a week ahead of me, just gave birth to a baby boy (she was about 26 wks 2 days). She ended up developing severe Preeclampsia. They were able to give her doses of medicine to help her baby's development for 45 hr but in turn needed to deliver the baby because she slowly continued to get worse. I have linked her website (via her name) if you would like to read about the details. I am writing this because her baby boy has a long road ahead of him. Even though he is doing good now he still has to battle. So I just wanted to ask when you think of us and our new baby girl, please take the time out to add Trish, David and little Robert in your thoughts as well. Her husband and her truly received a miracle in having Robert. All thoughts and prayers that you can give her family are much needed at this time. Thanks!
1 comment:
I am so glad that you have something that will work out so perfectly for a job. Let me know if you ever need help on the weekend with the girls. hehe
Post a Comment