
Here it is. This is the car seat Dave's mom, my mother in law bought for the new baby. Some of you know that when Chloe was born we opted out of the infant seat. But some of you don't know the hospital gave us an extremely hard time with our option. Seriously we didn't think the (non friendly) lady wasn't going to let us leave the hospital with the car seat we had chosen. She scared the crap out of Dave by telling him that if Chloe's chin touched her chest she could suffocate on the way home and other things as well. It honestly took us about 30 minutes to get her to allow us to leave. I even called my mom to come back to the hospital so I could send her to get an infant seat just so we could leave. Guess what lady, Chloe survived the ride home and is now over 2 yrs old. Anyway, an infant seat was the first thing Dave wanted to get with this pregnancy. I on the other hand was ready for another battle. But I know the seat would make Dave feel better so we started looking. Originally I had found one on craigslist for $70 that included the seat and an extra base. The car seat was only 6 months old before the child outgrew it. I had met with the lady and looked over the bases and seat. No damage. But before I could purchase it from her, Dave's mom said she would get us a new one. I was thrilled. So last Friday, Chloe and I met up with Nana Robin to go shopping and or lunch. It was to my surprise a wonderful time. I really didn't know what to expect since we never really see her. She lives about 30 minutes south of Springfield Illinois. I have to say I am totally grateful that she is trying more (is that okay to say?). We had a wonderful conversation and I was able to tell her that all I cared about was her to be around Dave, Chloe, and the new baby not what material things she could give us (long story but some of you might understand). She informed me it took her alot of soul searching to understand that all Chloe and the new baby will ever want from her is her love and her attention. I hope this is a huge step for Dave to get his mom back and our families to unite as one (pretty cheesy yes, but it is true).
So, why didn't we get a "girly" car seat, you ask? Well, I was all for a really pink and girly one until I got there. I had this "ah ha" moment and realized, what if we decided to have a third child? And it's a BOY. I mean the poor little guy would be stuck in a pink girly car seat for a year. So I opted for the neutral one, for that "just in case."
No comments:
Post a Comment