At the beginning of summer, I signed Chloe up for the preschool program at Lindbergh Early Childhood Center. We were instantly put on the waiting list (we were actually first on the waiting list). So as August grew closer and closer I was getting worried that we were not going to get a spot. Well last Monday, we got our acceptance letter in the mail. I was very excited. This was something I really wanted to have Chloe start. Not only will it be good for her to be out of the house 2 days a week with kids her own age, I felt it was something that she would be able to focus on as "her own" when the baby gets here. I didn't realize that she would be starting August 19, two weeks after we received the letter. And to boot, they didn't mail us all the proper forms so Friday we were on a goose chase getting medical forms and such to the doctor's office to have them filled out. Chloe has bee extremely excited and telling everyone that she is going to school. She will be in school for 2 weeks before the baby gets here and the week the baby gets here, I have decided that we will keep the routine and have her go ahead and go. I mean class is only from 9-11:30 so 2.5 hours isn't that bad. Dave is alittle nervous and thinks she is still young but I know she will be fine. I on the other hand know I will cry that first day I drop her off. It will be hard even though I know she will love it and she will grow so much from being there. What will I do with myself for 2.5 hours..lol. Oh I know, all my running so I only have one kid to manage.
So last night was orientation. It went well, I requested her class that she was put in, but the teacher that I knew doesn't teach it anymore. The assistant on the other hand is one I worked with when I worked at LECE (back in 03-04). I also love love love Charlene the director. She is really nice and I actually ran into her last night. So back to the room. I didn't bring my camera cause I didn't want to be "that mom," atleast not last night. I have to say being 9 months pregnant made it alittle harder. I didn't want to walk into the room when we got there. She wouldn't hold Dave's hand just my hand, but once we got to the door she was off. It was a new place with lots of new toys. I kinda just stood outside the door for a second trying not to cry. She was off and it really didn't phase her. I only teared up twice and that was while reading some of the paper work in her folder. I know for sure I will cry when I drop her off on Tuesday, but what mother wouldn't. My goal is to wait until she is in the room and I am walking away before I tear up. I doubt that will happen, but I don't want her to see my sad. Look back for first day pictures on Tuesday. Heck who knows, I might have to have my mom drive us there..lol
1 comment:
i would be a mess! i really wanted to put Mia in some sort of pre-school program but the ones here are full with long wiating lists! ugh! i hope chloe has a great time tuesday!
Post a Comment