Pages

30 August, 2008

The Toddler Creed

The Toddler Creed in Thirteen Statements or less...


1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my hand, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I am building something, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks just like mine, it's mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with it and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours. (No, the pieces are probably still mine.)
11. If I say I want one and you have one, it automatically becomes mine.
12. If you are playing with it and don't share it, I'll take it from you and it will become mine
13. Potty breaks, snack breaks and time outs do not mean it's not mine anymore, it will be mine again when I get back.

These are issues I come to deal with everyday. I hope she is learning to share in school but when we are at the train table the word "share" is not something she knows. We actually had to leave Thursday because she refused to share with the other kids at the table. Everything was mine, it was bad. Her fit was even worse. Chloe was so bad, one of the other mom's offered to carry her to the car since I was pregnant. I must have looked like I was struggling to keep from dropping her..lol. I managed and thank the mom though.

1 comment:

All About Amelia said...

i have one of these as well so i can feel your pain. let me know if you figure out how to fix it before i do!!