Pages

02 August, 2009

60 Years Of Wedded Bliss

My Grandma and Grandpa Parkin have been married 60 years on June 26, 2009. It's something you don't see alot of anymore. I hope Dave and I are still around to see our 60th. Through 60 years of their marriage they have 4 kids, 11 grand kids (6 grand kids in law), and 8 great grand kids. They have buried one grandchild, their parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. They have seen 5 wars (do you call some of them that, ie Desert Storm, the Iraq conflict right now, etc). They have seen so much more. It amazes me. What is kinda sad though, is I can honestly say I don't know too much about them, their past, their relationship, etc. But all I know is that it is wonderful that they have had 60 years together, they have been through good times and times I know that felt like Hell on Earth.
We celebrated but having a nice lunch at Andre's Banquet Hall. It was a nice small affair, the 36 descendants (with spouses or dates) and a few close friends. Oh, one thing I do know about my Grandpa is that he still (at the age of 81) hangs out with his High School friends. A few have passed but they still get together at least once a month. (I didn't take too many pictures sorry. Between Caelyn having stranger anxiety and gossip I just didn't have time..lol)

No comments: