In a blog, called Sutton Grace, I read I saw a very cool family tree that was handmade. I thought it was cool and I actually could envision in my house where I would hang it. With a few weeks of her post she had emails flying into her mailbox asking for the template, so she posted it on her blog. Well once the holidays started coming up I started thinking about gifts and I thought this would be perfect for my Grandma and Grandpa Parkin.
So I got to work. I first had to start by going to Kinko's to get the files printed off since my printer could not print on a 19x16 piece of paper. Then I traced and cut it out of scrapbook paper, I bought it in the art section of Michael's, because they don't actually sell scrap booking paper big enough for the template.
Next was were I needed alittle help. I called my Uncle Tom and Aunt Bonnie since I had known their daughter Pam made my Uncle Tom a family Album with all our relatives. Uncle Tom and Aunt Bonnie also researched things Pam was unable to find. If he wouldn't have had all this information for me the present wouldn't have be able to come together. I wrote out all the names on the leaves then organized them in family groups. I was very happy with the finished product and I think my Grandparents loved it.

No comments:
Post a Comment