Apparently the second day is much more traumatic for the kids than the first. When I dropped Chloe off this morning, I think every kid that was in the room was crying or clinging to mom or dad. Chloe on the other hand did great. She did ask me to stay and it took her alittle longer to give me a kiss good bye but she didn't cry. That is all that matters right. I think it took me about 10 minutes to work my way out of the class. When I got there to pick her up, I could see them dancing in the classroom. I tried to stay out of view because I didn't want her to get upset if she saw me. Well she saw me and it didn't phase her at all. She waved at me, said something and went back to dancing. From where I was standing I could see one of her teachers, Ms. Tina, and Chloe was copying her exactly. Kinda made me proud that she was following her so well. Chloe said they painted today and played on the playground (not sure if they really did cause it has been raining off and on all morning). Here are some pictures I was able to get from today.




This kinda gives you an idea of how the class is set up.
Chloe's lead teacher, Ms. Janice, also commented on her family collage that I made. She thought it was very creative that I put the new baby's ultra sound picture on the collage and was even more impressed when she asked Chloe who it was and Chloe responded, "my baby sister." 1 wk 6 days and I will have an actual picture to put on that collage. From Tuesday's class they took some pictures to document the first day. Well, I have to say you can totally tell a camera is shoved in Chloe's face alot because I think she was in 8 picture out of 20. That or she is just a social butterfly, which I would not mind. Here is a picture of Tuesday's collage.
1 comment:
So glad you keep us informed. It helps take the edge off of not being close enough around to experience all this first hand. Can't get enough.
L & K from A J
Post a Comment