Pages

10 August, 2008

Muny Review

I just have to say it was wonderful. We had a great night, the weather was probably the best of the season. It was only about 75 during the show. Now, yes we did have about an ohur delay, but it was totally worth not being hot and sweaty.

I learned a couple things while there. One, my pregnant butt did fit in the chairs with room to spare and 2 Gwne's Stefani's song "Rich Girl" was actually taken from the play. Both songs are of the sam beat and rhyth but the words are slightly different. But I swear her song idea was based from teh play (this is my thoughts only).

Gwen Stefani -Rich Girl

If I was rich girl (na, na...)
See, I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girl
No man could test me, impress me, my cash flow would never ever end
Cause I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girl
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na

Fiddler on the Roof - If I were a Rich Man

If I were a rich man,Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.If I were a wealthy man.I wouldn't have to work hard.Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.If I were a biddy biddy rich,Yidle-diddle-didle-didle man.

Anyway it was a very good play and I am very happy that I didn't back out. Well worth it.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

We saw it Monday (one of the HOTTEST) days of the season. :( ha

BUT, it was still good.

I definitely agree with you about the Rich Girl/Rich Man song. The minute he started singing it, I was like, "HEY, Gwen Stefani stole that song from the play." Then, I had that song stuck in my head ALL night (even after we left there.) ha

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Unknown said...

We were there the same night. Great show and the weather was wonderful once it stopped raining.