Pages

17 July, 2008

On to Step Four and Five

Well today I (with the help of my Aunt Cindy) accomplished step four and then step five (by myself). Step four was actually two parts, the first being we drew the lines on the walls to make sure every other stripe would be a different color. To our amazement it worked out perfectly. How lucky can you get. So I went to taping off the sections, part two. I took about a 3 hr break after my aunt left before starting Step five.
Step five was the easy part, painting the green stripes. I just sat my butt on the floor and painted, then scooted and painted some more. My butt does hurt and my knees have rug burn on them, but I am very pleased with the outcome. I actually researched on the best way to do this type of painting, and I have to say it worked out great other than a few spots I have tape runs. But nothing too crazy or that I can't fix. I sent a picture to my mom's phone in Florida and put the caption "Chloe's big girl room." I got a phone call from Chloe she loves the color and actually asked if her room would be done when she got home. I told her that is the plan.




So where was Dave you ask, he was outside painting the 4 shutters we never got around to painting last fall. I am very happy to say that all our shutters are finally painted and look great. I will have to take pictures of them later because it was too dark when I finished painting the stripes to get outside and snap a picture. Now we just have to actually paint our columns and railings. Maybe this weekend. I am in a painting mood.


__________________________________________________________________

Oh, my side note for this evening: I noticed while I was painting and Dave was outside the bedroom window painting that it will be way to easy for Chloe (or gosh forbid a boy) to get in and out that window so I am going to have to figure something out when she gets older. maybe an escape alarm (you know like the fire exit doors that if someone opens it it goes off..lol).

1 comment:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.